Many exciting projects going on at once.
• Mariachi blog is here! Daniel Buckley’s blog to discuss mariachi and folklórico dance issues has officially been launched on the San Jose Mexican Heritage and Mariachi Festival’s website at http://vivafest.org/mariachi-blog-1. More to come!
• Major revamp to Daniel Buckley Arts: This website will gradually ramp up to include many more links, samples of music, more photos and video, and ongoing blogs. Also progress updates on El Casino Ballroom‘s restoration.
• Web page for the Little Dinks: At long last, the group that deserves the least respect is getting a tiny speck. Is the world ready? Learn more about The Dinks, and order copies of the band’s 2010 release “Negligible Chub” by clicking here.
• See my videos on YouTube. My user name is dbtucson1.
• New video collaboration with artist Curt Brill – “Money Talks” – in production
• A new landscape video series being designed. Following some experiments in time lapse landscape work, including a sunrise at San Xavier Mission and a Tucson sunset, a new series called “Circles of Time and Space” is in the works. Basically a telescope clock mount will be put atop my video camera tripod to slowly rotate the camera (about once an hour) to collect time-lapse panoramas of selected places in Arizona for the state’s Centennial year of 2012.
• Cine Plaza at the Fox 2011: Barrio Hollywood out on DVD!
The Cine Plaza at the Fox series’2011 documentary on Tucson’s Barrio Hollywood premiered at Tucson’s Fox Theatre in June to great crowd turnout, enthusiastic response. Copies are available on DVD (as are DVDs of the 2010 documentaries) through Daniel Buckley’s Cine Plaza at the Fox page. The next installment in the documentary series, which will be on Tucson’s El Casino Ballroom, is in production now.
• Laura Milkins Walking Home:
Work with performance artist Laura Milkins in her “Walking Home“ project is underway as Milkins headed off May 1 on foot from Tucson, Arizona to her hometown in Michigan. Working with videographer Andrew Brown to edit weekly snippets for Milkins as she collects and transmits video stories along the way. Watch her go at: http://www.walkinghomestories.com/
• Arizona Centennial Projects:
Seeking funding for independent film project creating 100 portraits of 100 Arizonans of all backgrounds.
More of “Totentanz: The Jonestown Dances” in production. Set to debut fall 2011.
Putting together funding, infrastructure to mount the Jonestown opera.